Mobile Newswatch 12

Home | Weather | News | Sports

Rhinelander dryer fire reminds people to remove lint
RHINELANDER -

Rescue crews responded to an apartment fire in Rhinelander Sunday night.

The fire was found in a dryer inside an upstairs unit at 805 E. Timber Dr., according to the Rhinelander Fire Department.

There was heavy smoke, but R.P.D. put the fire out in minutes. 

Pine Lake and Pelican Fire Departments also arrived at the scene, but the fire was extinguished prior to their arrival.

Rhinelander Fire Chief Terry Williams said lint may have caused the fire. 


"Maybe there's lint around the heating element. If you don't clean them frequently, lint can build up and catch fire."

Chief Williams said the fire did not expand into the walls of the unit, but there were smoke and water damage. 

People were inside at the time but no one was injured.


Story By: Adriana Michelle


What We're Working On
Police search for missing Plover teen
Evers 'exploring' Wisconsin joining lawsuit against Trump
Crandon's new, large videoboard nearly a reality in school gym
Oneida County Meals on Wheels volunteers persevere through winter weather
Plover police searching for missing SPASH student
UPDATE: Lincoln County Sheriff releases names of people shot in Pine River home
Oneida County man charged with sexually assaulting young child

Home | Weather | News | Sports

View Desktop Version

Copyright© 2019 Rockfleet Broadcasting / Northland Television, Inc.

Disclaimer: All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
Neither Rockfleet Broadcasting / Northland Television, Inc. nor By Request Web Designs shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, or misprints.



Site Design By: